Image quality can be affected by the conditions under which the image was taken, the camera settings, or distance from the subject. These factors can result in grain, blur or a soft focus.
Grain in an image is when there “noise” or a “sandy” texture, is visible throughout the image. It may be caused by low light, image noise, or image processing. We typically see three types of grain.
- Digital Camera grain
- Film grain
- Black and White image grain
Depending on the type of grain, it can sometimes offer an artistic look. We process most images that have film or black and white grain in the image.
Blurry or Soft Images
When we enlarge your image the image looks blurry or soft of focus. This may not be readily visible when viewed at a small size on your phone or at a small size.
An image can be blurry or soft due to a few different factors
- The camera was not focused on the main subject of the image
- Movement in the image caused motion blur
- Older images can be soft due to the technology of the time
Unfortunately we cannot correct the blurriness or softness of an image. We would recommend selecting an alternative image.
For concerns about grainy, blurry or soft images, we recommend adding our Review service to have an artist personally examine your image and provide any needed enhancements.
Level One - Review
- Examination of your image for quality issues such as blur or grain.
- Adjustment of brightness, contrast, and sharpness as needed.
- Personalized assessment of your image sent via email.
- Highly recommended for darker or heavily shadowed images.